The Mobile Software Product Manager (MSPM) is responsible for the vision and profitability of multiple product lines. The MSPM will work closely with various Myriad Mobile teams to make business decisions and create product strategies that ensure the product’s long-term sustainability. In the execution of these strategies the MSPM will work with internal departments to ensure corporate goals are met on time and on budget while client and market needs are also met.
The Mobile Software Product Manager will…
- Work with Technology, Sales, and Client Services teams to build and enhance products from existing ideas, and help develop new concepts based on industry research and the needs of customers and prospects.
- Possess a unique blend of business and mobile technology expertise, a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality.
- Conduct market research including working in the field to understand target audience needs and issues, and find innovative solutions for existing and new market segments.
- Stay on top of current trends and develop long-term plans for the success of multiple product lines.
- Champion the product and must communicate with all areas of the company. He or she will work with Business Analysts and Engineering to define product requirements.
- Work with Sales and Marketing Support to define the go-to-market strategy, helping them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customers.
- Serve as the internal and external subject matter expert for product offerings, working with the sales channel and key clients.
- Be responsible for the financial sustainability of the product, creating and updating profit and loss documents.
This is an important position in the company and will report to the Manager of Project Management. The position will have a fair amount of autonomy, so it is important that person is a self-starter and experienced in developing a department structure and does not require micro-management or daily direction.
A Product Manager possesses a minimum of two years experience in Product Management, ideally with a deep understanding of the agriculture market.
- Able to develop, understand, and explain the business case for adding features.
- Able to research competitive products and find vacuums in the market.
- Able to manage Myriad-owned products and customer-owned products concurrently.
- Able to form and communicate a cohesive vision for products.
- Able to “sell” clients and internal teams on the direction we want to take the product.
- Able to sell the product as is.
- Able to research and then estimate the value of features to users.
- Able to interpret data analytics to make decisions on priority of features and form factors.
- Able to assess most cost-effective trade-offs for new feature paths.
- Able to understand customer/market requirements through surveys or research studies.
- Able to communicate and challenge feature improvement or additions.
- Able to balance customer advocacy with production capacity.