There’s a big gap between having access to mobile technology and knowing how to use mobile strategy to increase profitability in a manufacturing business. Fortunately, others have already made paved the way, so the second-mover advantage is now in your favor.
One of the biggest strategic mistakes is attempting to adapt existing software platforms to smaller screens. A mobile app with long, complex processes spanning many screens is going to slow down the sales force without enough cost savings to justify the changeover. Productivity with mobile depends on breaking down complex tasks into simpler units. Designing specifically for mobile and creating great experiences for your internal team must be the foundation for any new mobile strategy.
Mobile in the Manufacturing World
At the end of 2014, a survey of more than 1,000 decision-makers in manufacturing and related industries asked how they were using mobile apps right now. The results showed that:
- 28 percent of businesses use mobile to streamline sales teams checklists
- 15 percent minimize paper costs by empowering sales to generate invoices on mobile
- 8 percent get real-time information on their inventories over mobile
In addition to the above, Mobile gives your team an edge over the competition by quoting projects in real time. Double that up on the administrative end by eliminating all the time-consuming duplicate work of collecting information on paper and then entering that information into the system.
For sales managers, mobile arms them up-to-the-minute statistics on how their sales team is performing and generate real-time reports for metric based decision-making.
3 Major Areas Where Mobile Can Improve Profits
In the short term, a mobile platform can increase efficiency and productivity in the 5-10 percent range right away. Over the longer term, there is really no limit to the upside. The communications infrastructure already exists and mobile devices are getting more powerful every year.
There are three major areas where mobile can redefine your manufacturing business for much lower costs and greater profitability:
- Effectiveness builders – These include apps that modify existing processes, streamline workflow, produce instant analytics and provide transparency into reports on the company’s top sales performers.
- Transformation drivers – These apps have a more far-reaching impact, overhauling outdated business processes. The apps collect and analyze data on customer behavior, opening the door to new products and services that redefine the market.
- Disruptive sales models – This is where businesses can see the greatest gains in profitability. Funneling marketing and sales through mobile devices can create an all new retail and sales network. The sales force gains instant visibility into SKU information and stock levels. Distribution, fulfillment, profitability levels and dealer-specific order status would be available in real time to whoever needs it to make the sale.
Custom Mobile Platform Development
The real secret of mobile is in creating a competitive advantage by partnering external experts and your internal IT team.
Partnering with organizations like Myriad positions your company to improve key metrics such as earnings, return on equity, sales per employee, and productivity. Our experts combined with your team can:
- Reduce wasted time and resources by streamlining outdated processes
- Maximize the impact of revenue on your bottom line by lowering operating costs
- Empower your company to become a thought leader on productivity in the marketplace
- Set up your sales team on the road to future success by standardizing winning strategies
In the end, success in mobile adoption strategy is one of those cases where going second means you can leapfrog over competition. In this rapidly changing world of business technology for the manufacturing industry, it’s the one that makes the smart move that wins. And partnering with Myriad is that winning move.
Learn more about how we employ the Myriad Mobile Platform to not only streamline sales tasks, but to create a foundation for a coherent technology roadmap making you a winner in your industry.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row type=”full_width_background” bg_position=”left top” bg_repeat=”no-repeat” scene_position=”center” text_color=”dark” text_align=”left”][vc_column width=”2/3″ animation=”none” boxed=”true” column_padding=”no-extra-padding” background_color_opacity=”1″][vc_row_inner][vc_column_inner width=”2/3″][vc_column_text]